Replay Mod Forums

ffmpeg wont work
    • User
    • 5 forum posts
    User131757

Jun 01 18, 09:33 PM

Recently, I got a new computer - Windows - I transferred all of my files along with the ffmpeg for the mod; however, when i am to load my world and try to go back and create a time lapse, it says I don't have it installed, so I reinstalled it on 10 separate occasions and whenever I click on the batch script it says that "bin\ffmpeg.exe is not found. Hit any button to close". I'm quite frustrated right now because I wanted for my files to go over smoothly. There is probably a simple reason why it is not working; therefore, can anyone be of assistance to me? Thanks for your time.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 01 18, 09:56 PM

Since 2.0.0-bsomething there's an easier way to install ffmpeg on Windows, you should give that one a try: https://www.replaymod.com/docs/#installing-ffmpeg-windows (last paragraph)

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User131757

Jun 01 18, 10:54 PM

Could you please explain to me what that means by .7z means and how to turn it into a ffmpeg file?

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User131757

Jun 02 18, 12:41 AM

I followed the video and It still doesn't work :/ Is it something wrong with my computer because my older, way worse one functioned great with the installation, but now it just doesn't even seem compatible.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 02 18, 08:56 AM

Ok, let's take a step back. How do you know it doesn't work?

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User131757

Jun 02 18, 02:25 PM

I've followed all of the steps of installation by following this https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=7YxXXQ3G0t0, which is what worked on my old computer. But not it seems not to work no matter what, The batch script says that bin\ffmpeg.exe could not be found; although there it a clear bin folder where 3 separate applications are. None of them being an exe - renaming doesnt work and the batch script doesnt seem to connect to any of those.

• Developer
    • 1883 forum posts
    User10

Jun 02 18, 02:28 PM

No, don't use that old method. There are way too many things which can go wrong. Use the one I linked in my previous posts.
    Now, you said "It still doesn't work". Please elaborate on that. How do you know it doesn't work? What did you do to test it, what did you expect to happen and what did happen?

• User
    • 5 forum posts
    User131757

Jun 02 18, 02:35 PM

My bad, I followed the steps wrong ; sorry for this. But thanks for trying to step me through it without someone replying I probably would have just given up on the mod. Thanks for your time! :)