Replay Mod Forums

First Person View of Entities in the Timeline
    • User
    • 132 forum posts
    User738

Aug 30 15, 02:58 AM

Many times, I have enjoyed being able to get a first person view of a player while I am in the Replay Environment, and I would find it especially helpful if I could include a first person path with my timeline, this way I can render a few clips of a front viewing battle or something of that sort. The way I think this feature could be implemented is if there were Entity Keyframes (similar buttons to the Position and Time Keyframes). Once activated, it will place some opening bracket as a symbol in the timeline. When you right click the Entity Keyframe in the timeline, you will get the options to select which player/entity do you want to view for the set time which is point A and B (bracket) in the timeline, as well as the time location of the Entity Keyframe. When another Keyframe is placed after the first one, the spectator/camera will detach from the entity once the timeline goes outside that bracket, and will stay as it is, until another Entity/Position Keyframe is placed to keep the camera in motion.

Thoughts? All feedback is appreciated :)

• Beta Tester
    • 249 forum posts
    User20

Aug 30 15, 08:44 AM

Parts of what you've explained are actually implemnted already. When spectating a player, you can see the "Set Positionkey" turning from green to blue. Blue Keyframes are Spectatorkeyframes and they work the same as normal position keyframes do. Using Shift you can leave the Spectating again and set normal Position Keyframes (which are being interpolated then).

• User
    • 2 forum posts
    User58553

Mar 22 17, 12:25 AM

I actually agree with Zemunsta. If the first person view would be available as a setting (Which I'm sure it is?), then it will help some developers, allowing them to capture their character's view, if they were wanting to give off the impression and feeling to the viewer, that they are actually experiencing those events, as if they were that person in the story. So I do agree for the setting to be functional, because it can have a great effect with the story, if the person chooses to use that feature.

PS, Can you let me know if that setting is available, please? Because it would help a lot, so that my audience will see that it isn't staged. Because if I had it go cinematic, then it makes the video look like it was all staged.

• Beta Tester
    • 250 forum posts

I actually agree with Zemunsta. If the first person view would be available as a setting (Which I'm sure it is?), then it will help some developers, allowing them to capture their character's view, if they were wanting to give off the impression and feeling to the viewer, that they are actually experiencing those events, as if they were that person in the story. So I do agree for the setting to be functional, because it can have a great effect with the story, if the person chooses to use that feature.

PS, Can you let me know if that setting is available, please? Because it would help a lot, so that my audience will see that it isn't staged. Because if I had it go cinematic, then it makes the video look like it was all staged.
    RTFM